How to Extend Visit Visa Through Absher in KSA 2022?
Are you an expatriate living in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia who’s visit visa is about to expire very soon? If yes, then it is time for you to apply for its extension request. You can do this either by Tawasul, Istiqdam or using the Absher portal launched by the ministry of interior in Saudi Arabia.
Today, we will list down the steps you need to follow to extend your visit visa through Absher mobile app, without any difficulty or confusion. But before we get going, there are some prerequisites you need to check for before applying for your visit visa extension request.
Related: How To Do Absher Account Activation In Saudi Arabia?
Rules and regulations for visit visa extension
For an expatriate to apply for the extension of their visit visa in KSA, they must follow the conditions listed below.
- Your visa should be valid when applying for extension.
- The visa needs to stay valid for at least a week after extension request.
- Expatriates must not have any pending fines or traffic violations under their name.
- Expatriates must reside within the kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Expatriate must have a valid passport.
- Payment of SAR 100 must be made as visa extension fee.
How to extend a visit visa using the Absher portal?
Once you have made sure that you fulfil the above listed regulations, it is time to apply for the extension request of your visit visa. To do this, follow the simple and easy steps listed below:
Related: What is Health Conditions in Tawakkalna?
- Open the Absher portal by clicking on this link: https://www.absher.sa/ and log into your Absher account.
- Click on the “Passport Services” option from the drop-down list in E-services.
- Decide between the single entry or multiple family member visit visa extension services.
- Fill in the required details and attach a PDF file containing the passport of visa holder, visa status, insurance details and error message screenshot in the allocated area. Its size should not be greater than 1MB.
- Pay the extension fee of SAR 100 along with the expiry fee of SAR 500 in case your visit visa expires within the next three days.
- Last, submit your application by clicking on the ‘Extend Visit Visa’ option.
How to check the status of your visit visa extension request?
Now that you have requested for the extension of your visit visa, you need to constantly check the Absher portal to see whether it has been approved by the ministry of interior or not. You can do this by:
Read More: Tawakkalna Registration Process Guide in KSA
- Open the Absher portal by clicking on this link: https://www.absher.sa/ and enter your account details.
- Select the ‘Passports’ option from the General Services tab.
- Click on the ‘Tawasul’ button and then the ‘Inquire for requests’ option.
- The current status of your extension request will be displayed on screen.
- If it has been rejected, you can request again for this extension while correcting the issue that previously held back your request from being approved by the government.
And with that being said, we conclude our concise yet useful to-do guide about requesting for an extension of visit visa using the Absher portal. We urge all expatriates to get done with this task as soon as they can and hope that our guide helps you carry out this process in a smooth and hassle-free manner.